Numark 4TRAK Layer FX 3
Description and Instructions
Numark 4TRAK Layer FX 3.0 By JWiLL
*Requires Traktor Pro 2.6 and higher*
How it works
When in Layer FX mode effect parameters are controlled by platter, and strip search gestures. Platter effects remain on while platter is held and are turned off when platter is released. Touching the platter will override all other effects including echo freeze and strip search effects. Cue juggling will also kill the echo freeze, and strip search effects. All effects can still be manipulated with original FX knobs, and buttons. Platter effects are available on all 4 decks. This mapping requires the full version of Traktor Pro Software.
Differences between 2.0 and 3.0
In version 3 all native Traktor
platter mapping has been converted to MIDI. This improved
the control and quality of the platter fx. Also allowed for full platter fx on
all 4 decks without interrupting the play time or position of the track. All of
the standard 4TRAK functions are still there and have been re-mapped through
MIDI. The only downside to removing the native mapping is the tightness of the
scratching with the platters. Most of you downloading this style of mapping are
controllerists and shouldn't be affected by this change.
Layer FX 3.0 Highlights
· 11 Preset Platter FX Combos
· Platter LED feedback when in Platter FX Mode **
· Platter LED feedback of Wet/Dry amounts of each effect **
· “Delay Freeze” Button
· “Beatstrip” Beatmasher 2 on Strip Search
· “Gatestrip” Gater on Strip Search
· Quick Turntable Stop Button
· Secondary Filter Fader for optimized workflow
· Full Browser Toggle
· Deck Zoom with Tempo Fader + Shift
· Cues 1-5 kill Beatmash/Gater 2 Strip Search
· Show Advanced Panel
· BPM Lock
· Move Grid Marker with (+, -)
· Favorites Selected with FX buttons on all 4 decks
· Platter Browsing with Scratch button hold
· Advanced Track Prep
· Override button
· Greatly improved fx performance
· Back button now adds third element to fx layers
1. Download the mapping.
2. Unzip the file.
3. Open Traktor Pro 2 Software.
4. Click the Preferences icon from the top right menu.
5. Click the Import button from the bottom of the Preferences window.
6. Select the JWiLL_4TRAK_Layer_FX_3_0_0.TSI.
7. Repeat this step TWICE to ensure the settings load correctly.
8. Turn on Layer FX mode by pressing the FX Buttons above desired deck.
Twist the Assign Knob, to select
effect 1-11. Push the encoder to load.
*When no effect is selected the deck acts as normal scratch platter.
10. Play a track, and touch the platter to engage the FX.
Add me on Facebook for downloads, updates and other advanced Traktor Pro maps. I also offer custom Traktor mapping services. Follow the link below and shoot me a message with what you’re looking for.