Numark 4TRAK Layer FX 2.5 (Traktor Pro 2.5+)
Description and Instructions
4TRAK Layer FX 2.5 By JWiLL
This mapping uses the Layer button to engage Layer FX Mode. This map is designed for 2 playback decks, and 2 sample decks. Platter effects are available for all 4 decks. This mapping requires the full version of Traktor Pro Software.
How it works
When in Layer FX mode effect parameters are controlled by platter, and strip search gestures. Platter effects remain on while platter is held and are turned off when platter is released. Touching the platter will override all other effects including echo freeze and strip search effects. Cue juggling will also kill the echo freeze, and strip search effects. All effects can still be manipulated with original FX knobs, and buttons.
Layer FX Highlights
- 11 Preset Platter FX Combos
- Platter LED feedback when in Platter FX Mode **
- Platter LED feedback of Wet/Dry amounts of each effect **
- “Delay Freeze” Button
- “Beatstrip” Beatmasher 2 on Strip Search
- “Gatestrip” Gater on Strip Search
- Quick Turntable Stop Button
- Secondary Filter Fader for optimized workflow
- Full Browser Toggle
- Deck Zoom with Tempo Fader + Shift
- Cues 1-5 kill Beatmash/Gater 2 Strip Search
- Show Advanced Panel
- BPM Lock
- Move Grid Marker with (+, -)
- Favorites Selected with FX buttons
- Platter Browsing with Scratch button hold
- Advanced Track Prep
- Download the mapping above.
- Unzip the file.
- Open Traktor Pro 2 Software.
- Click the Preferences icon from the top right menu.
- Click the Import button from the bottom of the Preferences window.
- Select the JWiLL_4TRAK_Layer_FX_2_5_2.TSI.
- Repeat this step TWICE to ensure the settings load correctly.
- Turn on Platter FX mode by pressing Layer Button of the deck.
- Twist the Assign Knob, to select effect 1-11. Push the encoder.
- Play a
track, and touch the platter to engage the FX.