MF Twister Ableton Script
Description and Instructions
This script requires Ableton 9.6 or higher , if you are running an older version grab the v1.2 from the sidebar
This mapping was made for Ableton 9.6 and is fully compatible with the Midi Fighter’s sequencer mode.
This guide refers to the 2.0 version of this mapping and it will be updated to reflect changes in following versions.
- Track Select/Solo/Arm/Mute
- Track Volume/Pan/Sends
- Device control and navigation (On/Off, Next/Prev Bank, Next/Prev Device, Device Lock)
- Focused Track Controls
- Transport controls
After downloading Twister Ableton Script v2.0.zip from DJTechtools and unzipping it a folder will be created with the same name that will contain this guide and three more files: Twister_Ableton.mfs and a folder named Script.
1. Open the MF Utility and import the Twister_Ableton.mfs file via File > Import Settings.
2. Copy the contents of the Script folder (_Mono_Framework, _Tools and Twister) to your Ableton Live's MIDI Remote Scripts folder. Located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ableton \Live x.x\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\ for Windows or right click on your Ableton's app and click "Show Package Contents” and navigate to \Contents\App-Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\ for Mac OSX
3. Launch Ableton Live and the script should detect your device and set itself up. If this doesnt’t happen go to Preferences and under MIDI Sync tab select Twister in the Control Surface drop down list and set the correct input and output MIDI ports.
- Requires August 13th 2014 firmware or higher
- Changing the side buttons’ order will break this mapping so avoid it to prevent losing functionality: If that is the case, reload the .mfs file.
- If the script doesn't show up make sure you copied over all contents of the Script folder to the intended destination and NOT the Script folder as a whole.
- This script was originally made by Amounra for the Livid Ohm64 controller and has been edited to extend part of it's functionality to Twister and PY files are included in this release. If you mod the original script or this one in any way don't forget to credit the original author.