Tekken's Kontrol S4 MK3 Ultimate Mapping v1.1 with new PAD MODES
Description and Instructions
This mapping adds new pad modes and some other gimmicks to the default mapping. All of the original controller features are still accessible.
It is possible to combine this mapping with my Kontrol F1 Ultimate mapping but there will be some conflicts if you are using effects with both mappings simultaneously.
1. Start Traktor and use the “Import” button at the bottom of the Traktor preferences window to load the “Effect Settings v1.0.tsi” into Traktor. It is important to do this import step twice! Otherwise, wrong effects are triggered.
2. In the preferences window, go to “Controller Manager” -> “Add…” -> “Import TSI” -> “Import other” and import the file “Tekken’s Kontrol S4 MK3 Ultimate Mapping v1.1.tsi”. The mapping should now be appear under “Device”.
3. Check if the “In-Port” and “Out-Port” of this new mapping are set to your Kontrol S4 MK3.
4. Delete the original “Traktor.Kontrol S4 MK3” default mapping (“Edit… -> “Delete”).
2. Usage/New Features:
In advance, this mapping is using blinking LED feedback of some buttons. This blinking is only active if at least one deck is playing. If all decks are stopped, the LED feedback is not fully visible.
2.1 New Pad modes:
Press one of the “SHIFT” buttons and one of the three pad mode buttons (“Hotcue”/”SAMPLES”/”STEMS”) simultaneously to activate a new pad mode of your desired deck. The selected pad mode button is now blinking to show that one of the new pad modes is activated. Press one of the “SHIFT” buttons and one of the three pad mode buttons simultaneously again to deactivate the new pad mode and switch back to the original mode. Now the pad mode button has stopped its blinking.
2.1.1 SHIFT HOTCUE and SHIFT SAMPLES pad mode (=effects mode)
- Hold one of the 8 pads to start an different effect. The Echo Freeze effect starts and stops via toggle and not via hold.
- Hold all four Beatmasher buttons simultaneously to start a Turntable Stop combo.
- Some effects cannot be combined with each other.
Note that the Traktor Effect Unit 1 is completely unused in this mapping. You can use Unit 1 manually furthermore.
2.1.2 SHIFT STEMS pad mode (=freeze/slicer mode)
freeze/slicer mode will start as soon as you enter this pad mode. If you want
to restart it you have switch to another pad mode and then switch back to the
freeze/slicer pad mode again.
Press one of the 8 pads to trigger a slice.
You can adjust the freeze/slicer size by holding the “STEMS” button while turning the loop encoder.
Tip: Try to activate a loop or enable the flux mode before using this mode.
2.2 Effect selection
Turn one of the effect knobs of the effect units while holding one of the “SHIFT” buttons to select an effect. (There was no possibility to select an effect in the originally S4 MK3 mapping.)
2.3 Backward Move Loop
of the “SHIFT” buttons and a loop encoder simultaneously to start a backward
This means that the moment you are activating the loop is not the start point but the ending point of the loop. This can be very useful.
2.4 Finer key adjustment
Turn one of the loop encoders while holding one of the “SHIFT” buttons to change the key in finer adjustments than in the original mapping.
Please let me know if there is something wrong or if you have new ideas for improvements. Also, please rate this mapping if you like it!
I have spent many days to build this mapping. Although this mapping will always be free to everyone, you could donate me a beer. Please use the following PayPal link: