Tekken's F1 Ultimate FX Mapping (Now with Isolate-Mode!)
Description and Instructions
Tekken’s F1 Ultimate FX Mapping v2.1
This mapping can be used beside the default Kontrol F1 mapping. All the controls of the Remix Decks are still available. You can change between this effect mapping and the default F1 mapping with the buttons "Shift" + "Browse" anytime.
1. Load the .nckf1 file into the Native Instruments controller editor (not the controller editor in Traktor): Open the editor and choose your F1. Then click “edit” on the right side and append the .nckf1 file.
2. Backup your own Traktor controller mappings (if necessary), because they will be overwritten in the next step. Use the "Export" button in the preferences.
3. Load the .tsi file into the Traktor controller editor (not the Native Instruments controller editor) with the BIG “Import” button (at the bottom of the Traktor preferences). A window opens and you have to select both available boxes. It is important to do this import twice. Now eight new Tekken midi mappings should be in the Traktor controller editor (in the preferences under “Device”). Click each of these mappings and check if the “In-Port” and “Out-Port” are set to your Kontrol F1.
4. In the Traktor preferences, in the “Traktor Kontrol F1” tab, switch the “MIDI Mode Type” to “MIDI Mode”.
5. Restore your own controller mappings from step 2 (if necessary). Now use the SMALL "Import" button. (Traktor Preferences -> Controller Manager -> Add... -> Import)
6. Activate the mapping (see “Usage” below).
7. If there is a problem with the installation, try updating your F1 firmware and drivers.
After the installation or starting Traktor, you are in the F1 default mapping and you can control your Remix Decks as usual. When you want to use my effect-mapping, you can toggle by pressing “Shift” + “Browse” simultaneously. You can toggle back to the default mapping anytime.
You can toggle between two pages of effects with the “Shift” button. The number of the actual page is indicated in the F1 display. After changing the page, press the “Sync” button.
Press the “Sync” button always when it is blinking! Otherwise some effects can’t be started. It is blinking after starting Traktor or switching pages. (The “Sync” button loads the effect units of the page so that they are ready to fire).
You can also use this button in case of a failure in the mapping to reset modifiers and switch all effects off.
with “Mute” buttons:
Use the four “Mute” buttons of the F1 to select the decks for the effects (from left to right button, deck C A B D). You can use the effects on all four decks simultaneously if you want. After installing the mapping the first time you should press each of the 4 buttons at least once to synchronize the mapping with your Traktor.
- Each highlighted pad is for a specific effect.
- Some effects starts with a toggle (top row of page 2) and some effect buttons have to be hold.
- You can change the parameters of some effects by turning the push encoder while the effect is active.
- Some effects have to be built up with the push encoder before you can hear them.
- While some effects are active, you can press the push encoder to activate special features. For example reset effects or start special effect parameters. (Echo Freeze, Reverb T3 and Delay T3 on page 2 have special effect parameters).
- Press all four Beatmasher buttons simultaneously to start a Turntable Stop combo (page 1).
- Press all four T3 Delay buttons simultaneously to start a Freeze combo (last row, page 2).
- Tape Delay: After starting the effect you have to turn the push encoder. Note that the moment is important when you turn it the first step. It is a difference if starting turning it on a bassdrum or a hihat.
- Some effects can’t be combined with each other.
Note that the Traktor Effect Unit 1 is unused in this mapping. You can use Unit 1 with another controller if you want.
Press the capture button to let the effects stay on after releasing the effect buttons. When the capture button is blinking, you are in a kind of “toggle mode” for the effect buttons. Press the capture button again to disable all effects.
“Type” button (Isolate mode on/off):
Press the “Type” button to toggle between two different modes:
- If the type button is not blinking, you can use the 4 faders and 4 knobs to control the loudness and filters of your remix deck, just like in the default F1 mapping. You can select which Remix Deck you want to control (see “Size” button below).
- If the “type” button is blinking, you are in the Isolate mode. In this mode you can apply effects to specific frequencies
(lows / lows+mids /
mids / mids+highs /
highs). I think this mode is only working if you are using the
Traktor internal mixing mode. Note that this isolate feature has beta status in this v2.1 mapping. Please test it before using it in the
club. You only can isolate frequencies of the decks A, B or C and only
one at a time. The selected deck will be duplicated to deck D. That means
you shouldn’t use deck D for other purposes as long as you want to use
this isolate mode. Before activating, the following parameters of the
isolated Deck and deck D should be set equally by yourself: Equalizer,
Gain, Key, Filter. The volume fader of the isolated deck should be
completely up. While isolation is activated, you shouldn’t use any
transport features of the isolated deck and deck D (don’t use
scratch/pause/flux mode/loop…). The frequency can be selected with 3 knobs
(from left knob to right knob, deck C A B). Turn the knobs from left to
right in 5 steps (lows / lows+mids /
mids / mids+highs /
highs). Afterwards select the isolate deck by sliding one fader
from completely down to completely up position (from left to right fader,
deck C A B). Now, the selected deck is duplicated to deck D and you can
use all effects. Because of the effects should be applied to deck D in the
isolate mode, the mute buttons have changed the deck selection to deck D
automatically. Slide the Fader down and press the “Type” button to
deactivate the isolate mode. If you want to understand more about the
concept of this feature, take a look in this link:
Credits to the DJTT member Stewe!
While holding the “Size” Button, you can use the following two functions:
- Use the “Mute” buttons to select which remix deck you want to control with your knobs and faders. The default selection is Remix Deck D.
- Turn the push encoder to increase or decrease the size of an activated loop. The Loop-In point is moving, not the Loop-Out point! You can deactivate the loop by pressing the push encoder while holding the “size” button.
Use this button for a reverse play effect.
While holding the “Quant” button, you can use the following two functions:
- Toggle the flux mode of each deck with the 4 “Mute” buttons (from left to right button, deck C A B D).
- Swap the 4 Makro-Effects of page 2, second row, by turning the 4 knobs. Each of the 4 knobs is for one of the 4 effect-pads. Take a look in the effect units to see your selection.
Please let me know when there is something wrong with the mapping or if you have new ideas for improvements or new effects.
I have spent many, many hours to build this mapping. Although this mapping will always be free to everyone, you can donate a beer to me if you want. You can use the following PayPal link:
And please rate this mapping if you like it!Tekken