A 12-tracks Remote Script for a single A&H Xone K2
Description and Instructions
I was reasoning about the following issues:
how to NOT make use of the K2 not-standard way of managing colors
- how to create a general purpose template for the on-the-go scenario where a single K2 is the only device we have, used both as the audio interface and as the only MIDI controller
- how to make use of the latching layers in all that
I came up with a template having the following attributes:
- It has a 12-tracks session box divided over the 3 latching layers. After all, a single K2 with latching layers can be seen as a 12-tracks single controller with 3 groups of controls with 4 tracks each. Changing the latching layer has no effect whatsoever on the session box itself as seen by Ableton Live.
- Is is usable also with 2 K2 devices on only ONE USB Port. The 2 devices are on the same MIDi Channel and they are connected via X-Link, so that is you put them on two different layers (for example red and yellow) they are actually showing 8 tracks out of 12.
- The disadvantage of this solution is that there are no coloured clips.
- This remote script works on MIDI Channel 13. You can manually edit it to change all the occurrences of the MIDi Channel number, or you can to ask me a version of the script on a different Channel.
- The third row of CC knobs could have been be used (for example) for PANs. I left it for User MIDI Mapping, but you can ask to me a version of the script with PANs of other controls.
- The main part of the script has been generated with REMOTIFY, and the edited manually.