DJ2GO2 for DJ Player Pro, Internal Mixer
Description and Instructions
Numark DJ2GO2 + DJ Player Pro
Most controls are pretty straightforward. Press Browse knob for SHIFT. Hot cues/loops 5-8 are available in [CUES] mode by holding down PAD MODE button + Pad 1-4 while in [CUES] mode, but note only hot cues/loops 1-4 light up. The only Fx-related controls mapped are to toggle display of Fx view.
You need an Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, lightning cable, and USB charger (recommend at least 10W) which provides enough power for the DJ2GO2 as well as charge the iOS device.
- Turn: display track browser screen and scroll list.
- Press: mapped to SHIFT in DJ Player Pro.
Load 1 / Load 2
- Load selected track to Deck A or B, and display performance screen.
- SHIFT: toggle Alternative Layer.
Master Level Knob
- Adjust Master Volume.
- Adjust gain (range -12 dB to +12 dB). Start with knobs at 12 o'clock for 0 dB gain.
Cue Level Knob
- Adjust pre-listening volume (headphones).
- Send deck audio to pre-listening signal (headphones).
- While deck playing: nudge forward or back.
- While deck paused: jump forward or back by Loop Length increments.
- Alternative Layer enabled: move grid. Try this to real-time "sync" a variable tempo track with a beatgridded track playing on the other deck.
- Alternative Layer enabled + SHIFT: adjust BPM.
- Adjust tempo.
Pads (switch modes with PAD MODE button)
- [CUES] Pad 1-4: hot cue/loop 1-4, hold down PAD MODE + Pad 1-4: hot cue/loop 5-8.
- [CUES] SHIFT + Pad 1-4: delete hot cue/loop 1-4, SHIFT + hold down PAD MODE + Pad 1-4: delete hot cue/loop 5-8.
- [AUTO LOOP] Immediate loop with set length. Pad 1: 1 beat, Pad 2: 2 beats, Pad 3: 4 beats, Pad 4: 8 beats.
- [MANUAL LOOP] Pad 1: set Loop In/Cue In, Pad 2: set Loop Out, Pad 3: Exit Loop, Pad 4: Reloop. SHIFT + Pad 1: Turntable Stop, SHIFT + Pad 2: Turntable Motor Off.
- [SAMPLER] Pad 1: reduce Loop Length, Pad 2: increase Loop Length, Pad 3: Autoloop, Pad 4: toggle display of Fx view.
- Blend audio between Deck A (left) and Deck B (right). Set crossfader curve in Mixer settings.
- Start/stop playback.
- SHIFT + short tap: Turntable Stop.
- SHIFT + long tap: Turntable Motor Off.
- While deck playing: jump to cue point and pause.
- While deck paused: start playback from cue point.
- SHIFT: Cue Set (In).
- SHIFT + triple tap: Cue Set (In) and set beatgrid at current position.
- Short tap: switch Sync modes. Long tap: overrides master deck.
- SHIFT + short tap: toggle reverse playback.
- SHIFT + long tap: momentary reverse playback.
External Mixer Configuration
The Headphones output is not as clean or loud as the main output. For external mixer, you can use Main output for A 1+2, and Headphones output for B 3+4, but should turn down volume on line A output to match line B output in DJ Player Pro. In External Mixer configuration, you can remap Master Level knob, Cue Level knob, Headphones buttons, and Crossfader since they only apply to Internal Mixer.
Alternate Audio Interface
I have also hooked up a Native Instruments Traktor Audio 2 for audio output instead, using the DJ2GO2 only for MIDI control. That setup requires a USB hub, like an Anker 4-Port Ultra Slim USB 3.0 Hub with USB Charger. The included 12W charger provides enough power for both the DJ2GO2 and Traktor Audio 2 as well as for charging an iPad.